WE DON’T NEED NO STEENKIN BADGERS!
Had Darren, Cam and Joe over tonight for a movie. We watched UHF, and to my surprise it still made me laugh, and in parts… guffaw!
Which got me to thinking: where did my sense of humour come from, anyway? Here’s a list of people or things I think have influenced my funnybone, in vaguely not-really chronological order:
- Monty Python and the Nesbitts, for dry wit
- The STS, for general geek humor
- Davin, for TYPEYELLING
- Almost Live, for making fun of Seattle suburbs, especially Renton
- Early 90s SNL, including David Spade (sarcasm), Mike Myers (kooky) and Dana Carvey (twisted)
- Dave Letterman, for deadpanning
- Greg at the UVic language center, for joy of general punnery
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for sarcastic wit
- Jon Stewart, for more deadpan.
That’s a few of them, anyway. I’ll add to the list as I remember more. Who influenced your sense of humour?