Seeing a bunch of this recently at work. The root cause is eluding me at the moment… if you’ve seen it, please chime in!
(1) Hanging out with Cam, Melissa and Frank Thursday night.
(2) Hanging out at Devin’s Friday night with Christina, Melissa and Eduardo; good food, beer and shark stories around a backyard fire pit
(3) Saturday morning, Gasparilla 5k in Tampa, beat my goal by 30 seconds with a time of 33:27.
(4) Saturday night, Avenue Q (great) at the Golden Apple Dinner Theatre downtown with Joy, Heather, Pam, and two new friends, Leonor and Cynthia.
(5) Sunday afternoon, watching my first-ever polo match at the Sarasota Polo Club with Jovee, Chrissy and Saba. Dressed up as Jeff Goldblum for a celebrity look-alike contest. Met two ultimate players, Dan and Justin, from out of town, just because we were throwing a disc around.
(6) Sunday evening, birthday party with Jovee and Chrissy at South Lido County Park. Played beach bocce!
A few pics from this whirlwind:
Sarasota Polo Club:
Birthday at South Lido County Park:
Boo! Hey all.
Been a while, yes, I know, what’s new right? But you’re all reading this with your RSS reader, right?
If you’re not, check out Google Reader. It’s a free, always-accessible web application made by Google, that makes keeping up with infrequently updated sites like this one, a snap. Instead of you having to check in on the website all the time for new content, it will do drudge work for you, and TELL YOU when there’s an update. Then you can read it, any any other sites you’ve “subscribed to”, right from within their user interface. Very handy.
(link will open in new window)
I’ve been doing well; very busy at work, which is a good thing to be sure in this economy. But it’s left little time for other activiities, such as writing here. I seem to have gotten either a spare moment, or I’m just taking a moment, to take a breath, so I thought I’d give you all an update.
Not even sure if I’ve mentioned it here before or not, and I’m too lazy to go check the archives; in any case, I’ve moved in with Joy and things are going well. I’m almost unpacked; there are a few boxes here and there but it’ll just take another couple hours of dedicated cleanup and I should be moved in!
One of the things I’ve been unpacking is my computer, my trusty old G4/733 Quicksilver. It recently had what I think is a videocard failure; thing is, I replaced the video card with what I thought was the stock card (ebayed for $15), and now it’s giving me a kernel panic upon boot. It’s got Tiger (10.4) installed on it, and I tried booting from a Leopard (10.5) install cd, but no dice. I’m suspecting the card I got from eBay was bad, so I’ll be looking for another shortly to see if I can get my computer up and going again. Optimally I’d like to have it working before the next OS X release is out (Sept?), so I can advertise it on Craigslist as having the “latest OS” 🙂
That’s all for now.. more to come later.
This past weekend Joy and I went on a camping trip to Hillsborough River State Park, about an hour’s drive north of Sarasota. Picked out gear Friday, then it was up to the park on Saturday morning. There we met up with Cam and Melissa and Joe and Owen; Mark, Laurie and the girls; Rob, Jeanine and the kids; Louis and Jasmine; Jean and Peter, David and the rest of the crew. A big group from work came, and it seems to grow bigger each year. It was a pumpking-carving, site-spookifying, tram-rider-scaring affair for the traditional “Haunted Woods” trick-or-treat; we all had a blast…. already coming up with ideas for next year.