(1) Hanging out with Cam, Melissa and Frank Thursday night.
(2) Hanging out at Devin’s Friday night with Christina, Melissa and Eduardo; good food, beer and shark stories around a backyard fire pit
(3) Saturday morning, Gasparilla 5k in Tampa, beat my goal by 30 seconds with a time of 33:27.
(4) Saturday night, Avenue Q (great) at the Golden Apple Dinner Theatre downtown with Joy, Heather, Pam, and two new friends, Leonor and Cynthia.
(5) Sunday afternoon, watching my first-ever polo match at the Sarasota Polo Club with Jovee, Chrissy and Saba. Dressed up as Jeff Goldblum for a celebrity look-alike contest. Met two ultimate players, Dan and Justin, from out of town, just because we were throwing a disc around.
(6) Sunday evening, birthday party with Jovee and Chrissy at South Lido County Park. Played beach bocce!
A few pics from this whirlwind:
Sarasota Polo Club:
Birthday at South Lido County Park:
This past weekend Joy and I went on a camping trip to Hillsborough River State Park, about an hour’s drive north of Sarasota. Picked out gear Friday, then it was up to the park on Saturday morning. There we met up with Cam and Melissa and Joe and Owen; Mark, Laurie and the girls; Rob, Jeanine and the kids; Louis and Jasmine; Jean and Peter, David and the rest of the crew. A big group from work came, and it seems to grow bigger each year. It was a pumpking-carving, site-spookifying, tram-rider-scaring affair for the traditional “Haunted Woods” trick-or-treat; we all had a blast…. already coming up with ideas for next year.
Again, work hooked me up with tickets. Thanks guys 🙂 I brought Joy, and Neven came along with Jessica. Fun times had by all, even if the Lightning did lose two-nothing. Haha, ah well. Seeing Sidney Crosby fly by on the ice was really something.
…on paper, because I think it’s the pictures that have been weighing me down the most. This here computer isn’t as fast as it once was, and I think iPhoto is beginning to choke at 29,000 photos.
Music: EM006 – 04-12-1993 – Future Sound of London, Studio Session (thanks Davin)…
Yeah as I alluded to the past entry’s comments, the past four weeks have kind of been crazy. Just in quick bullet point (and I’m not even going to make them proper HTML bullets, cause I just want to get it down):
-Sonia’s birthday party! (Jan 18)
-Going to the circus! (Jan 19)
-Photography meetup group with Louis & Tori (Jan 27)
-Hockey (Lightning vs Canucks, Jan 31)
-Hilary and Brian visit (Jan 31-Feb 3, Feb 8-10)
-I ask out Joy and she says yes, woohoo (Feb 14)
-Work gets crazy (Jan 4-Feb 19)
-I’m in Tampa for a week for our annual trade show (Feb 17-21)
-My team makes it to the city-league championships in Ultimate (Feb 21)
-I get pretty sick, first experience with a US walk-in clinic, turns out to be an upper respiratory infection (Feb 23)
-Hockey: Lightning vs. Bruins (Feb 23)
-Mostly better (Feb 26)
So there it is in a nut. I really need a new computer, hahah…
Update: Okay, the entry just didn’t feel right without a pic… this one is from Sarasota’s beautiful Lido Key Beach. Clicky clicky!
Now we’ll just see if I can remember them. On a side note, any moment now Hil and Bri will be arriving from Victoria 🙂